AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Vaginectomy- bill it or include it in a -22?

Default Vaginectomy- bill it or include it in a -22?

AAPC: Back to School
    So, my surgeon is preforming a radical cystectomy with bilateral pelvic lymph nodes with an ileal conduit, a hysterectomy with bilateral tubes/ovaries, a partial vaginectomy, common iliac and presacral lymph node dissection and a urethrectomy all for 188.9. I'm definately going to report 51595 and 58180 and I was going to append -22 to 51595 for the urethrectomy and extensive lymphadenectomy. But that partial vaginectomy is getting me. On one hand, the surgeon is already in the area, but on the other hand, it doesn't bundle to the other codes I'm going to report. Any thoughts?

The reply for this is posted in General Discussion Section at the top. Would you mind looking for it there.Thank you

Similar Threads

1. Does a 63047 include discectomy??
    By lodawnyoung in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 07:57 AM
  2. Need CPT Code for Lap partial vaginectomy
    By debrawilkinson in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 11:20 AM
  3. Vaginectomy- bill it or include in -22?
    By Kelly_Mayumi in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
  4. Robotic R radical upper vaginectomy
    By AMBarber in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 01:43 PM
  5. Vaginectomy w/ Reconstruction
    By sicac1 in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 12:50 PM