I wish it could be reported as CLASSICAL CESAREAN WHICH TAKES THE SAME COD ENUMBER OF LSCS 59514.
BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT CANNOT BE because the fetal demise at 17weeks takes it to ABORTION AND NOT DELIVERY.
The placenta previa status with out bleeding also all the more would not place it because of the fact that the higher degree of placenta previa cannot be assessed at this age of preg/fetus. ( because the placenta may ascend up during the advancing pregnancy).
The term Classical Cesarean needs the viable age of the fetus to merit, meaning to place it as delivery not abortion. Your case very well suits into HYSTEROTOMY
The worst is that the payer may try to place it at 59821, treatment for missed abortion which is surgical, though, we all know it is not fair to place it in a sort of minor procedure like that.
This will definitely merit for 59852 or 59857, if IA/ or Medical induction tried.
But without such induction, the one would be either of them with -52.
Sometimes with the reason with severe bleeding and not advisable induction
modalities, with pertinent validating and medical necessity documentation from the Surgeon, can merit for Hysterotomy Code.
Special Report may be needed
I only wishingly speculate it goes for Classical Cesarean 59514with Modifier -52 !!!??
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join