No Lisa , it is a pathological finding. I am afraid there are much more literatures to show that it is not normal than to prove it is not significant.( that too with US alone)
However, presence of plague- atherosclerotic plagues â€“ is not a normal phenomenon in carotid vessel be it mild or moderate or severe. Plaque morphology and the character( quality) is more significant than the least amount or quantity of the plague which is responsible for plague instability which is the determining factor to produce cerebral symptoms.
Increased Internal carotid artery Peak systolic Velosity is associated with presence of atherosclerotic plague instability independent of degree of ICA stenosis. This is studied by Doppler than the regular US. More than that, the arteriography is the gold standard to predict.
So mild or moderate it is a pathology and it should be reported.
Thank you for tuning in!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join