In CPT under the description of Repair (Closure), #4 reads, "Involvement of nerves, blood vessels and tendons: Report under appropriate system (Nervous, Cardiovascular, Musculoskeletal)..." "The repair of these associated wounds is included in the primary procedure unless it qualifies as a complex wound, in which case modifier 51 applies...." "If the wound requires enlargement, extension of dissection (to determine penetration), debridement..., not requiring thoracotomy or laparotomy, use codes 20100-20103 as appropriate."
Involves a tendon
Repair is included
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join