I think that taking the test as soon as you can is beneficial. Also you will still need 2 years of experience to remove the A from your CPC-A credentials once you do pass. Also getting a coding job without any credentials is not likely. You will need to start with anything you can in the medical office such as posting payments, medical records, collections...and work your way into the other positions.
Best of luck to you,
Stephanie Woods CPC, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join