If it is an established patient then you may eliminate the lowest component and use the other two components for the level, in this case the history is the lowest so it may be dropped from consideration. You are left with comprehensive exam, and moderate MDM so the lowest of these two will determine the visit level. Moderate MDM equates to a 99214 without exceeding your level of comprehensive exam. I have never heard the method of "farthest from the left" so I have no idea what you are referring to with that.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join