I am not sure what you mean when you say you did not code the fx code. But I assume you mean the fx care code. In ortho you allowed to bill either ortho global or alternative. Alternative has no global days and is the office visit plus the cast code. I f there was no reduction performed you may code this method.
As far as injections go, you may code the office visit with a 25 modifier for the initial visit only if it meets the criteria for the 25 modifier. However for the subsequent injections you may not code the OV since the evaluation of the patient for the necessity of the injection has already been performed. The subsequent injections are planned ahead of time. Any assesment at the time of the injection is an inherent part of the injection itself.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join