I'm not sure what procedures you are coding for, but for my specialty, the CPT book sometimes specifies that certain codes ARE NOT supported by -62 (spinal instrumentation). In those cases, on doc can use the code(s) without any modifiers and the "assistant" doc appends -80 to the same codes. So try reading all the fine print in your CPT.
Cheers, Jessica Caldwell, CPC, Tampa FL
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join