The outpatient facility levels are dependent upon the facilities criteria to determine the level. You do not use the same criteria as the physician (95/97 guidelines) The facility criteria may be unique to each facility and does not have to be the same as that which is used anywhere else. Also keep in mind it is not the physician activity you are capturing but think of it as facility resourses consumed during the encounter. So to answer you questions then the answer to both is yes, as long as your facility guidelines have been followed and that is the level met.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join