The 20100-20103 codes are defined in CPT as separate procedure.
This means that you can only code them when NO more extensive procedure was performed.
In the operative report you gave as an example, there is only one wound being addressed. The definitive repair 26418 includes the exploration of the traumatic wound.
By the way, you should note that CCI frequently does NOT include separate procedures in the bundling edits - because by defninition a separate procedure is coded ONLY when it is a stand alone (i.e. separate) procedure.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join