More details are needed to code, are you asking for a CPT code or ICD-9 code?
How deep did the physician have to go to pull the sternal wires out.
I have used both 10120 and 10121 depending on the documentation. With possible ICD-9 diagnosis depending on what the physician calls out.
733.99 Foreign body, old or residual, bone
729.6 Foreign body, old or residual, skin
729.6 Foreign body, old or residual, soft tissue
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join