We are an established orthopedic practice that has just opened a freestanding ASC, the ASC requires that all patients regardless of condition have an EKG before surgery if they are age 50 or over. We have an EKG machine and have been doing these in our office either before or the day of surgery. We are now getting denials for the EKG stating that they are inclusive to the surgery. My questions is, are they really? The ASC and the practice operate under different POS and tax identification numbers? Any help would be appreciated.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join