I'm sorry, but I have not worked with hemodialysis before, so I'm not going to attempt to address those situations for fear of telling you wrong information. However, we are running into the social situation with our hospitalist group and have been told by a consultant and auditing educator that this would be a charge that the hospital would basically have to "eat" because there is not medical necessity for the stay even though the hospital bylaws require that the hospitalist group sees these patients each day that they are occupying a hospital room.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join