Here's what I find on my online coding site regarding the 57267:
Report +57267 in addition to the primary procedure for every site needing insertion of mesh or other prosthesis. You can report the addition of mesh using +57267 with the following primary codes: 45560, 57250, 57260, 57265, and 57285. Also remember that because the code is an add-on code, do not append modifier 51 (Multiple procedures) to +57267 or reduce the fee you're charging for the procedure.
According to the above, it looks like the answer is no to both your questions. I'd be very interested if anyone else has conflicting information.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join