Results 1 to 2 of 2

PA's In Tenn

  1. #1
    Default PA's In Tenn
    New Call-to-action
    Can Physician Assitants work independently in Tenn? Does the MD have to be onsite? Any guidance on where I can research this would be appreciated. thanks

  2. #2
    Milwaukee WI
    Default State license
    Start with your state's licensing board. They will have specific guidelines as to what the scope of practice is for allied health professionals.

    As long as they are within their scope of practice - and you are billing for them under their own name/number - PAs can perform all the E/M services, and many procedures (including fracture treatment, removal of lesions, etc) independently.

    Hope that helps.

    F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Similar Threads

  1. Billing for PA's in Tenn.
    By fittrip in forum Compliance General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Enjoying Our Forums?

AAPC forums are a benefit of membership. Joining AAPC grants you unlimited access, allowing you to post questions and participate with our community of over 150,000 professionals.

Join Now Continue Reading Without Full Access

Already a Member?


Close Message

In addition to full participation on AAPC forums, as a member you will be able to:

  • Access to the largest healthcare job database in the world.
  • Join over 150,000 members of the healthcare network in the world.
  • Be a part of an industry leading organization that drives the business side of healthcare.
  • Save anywhere from 10%-50% with exclusive member discounts on courses, books, study materials, and conferences.
  • Access to discounts at hundreds of restaurants, travel destinations, retail stores, and service providers. AAPC members also have opportunities to save on heath, life, and liability insurance.
  • Become a member of a local chapter and attend regular meetings.