This one is kind of confusing
I show that medicare does NOT include 29881 & 29879, however, AAOS states that they can only be billed if separate compartments. I guess it depends on your payor. If it is a commercial payor I would try it, a lot of times they look to Medicare for guidance.
There really is not an "anterior" compartment, EVERYBODY (cpt, ama,aaos, cms) accepts that there are 3 compartments medial, lateral, and patellofemoral. Your doc will need to be more specific(ha ha). If he is talking synovectomy in the the anterior portion of the medial compartment then you cannot bill for synovectomy. If he meant the patellofemoral then you can bill, but I would have the doc clarify.
hope that helps a little
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join