While selecting principle diagnosis ,As per ICD guidlines- that principle diagnosis should be the circumstances of the admission, the therapy provided, the tabular list or the Alphabetic index indicate otherwise. ( In page #26 of ICD book 2010)
In your scenario the therapy is going to be provided for Fracture only , example fracture care will be given . So my opinion also to code Fracture as primary.
Please tell us for what reason you are disagree with giving fracture as primary. Still giving cursh injury as a primary diagnosis is not going to be a great error.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join