Do not use an acute code if the acute condition no longer exisits. So if the fx has been treated then you will not use a fx code at all you will use only the V54.xx code for followup for healing fx. We must remember it is the patient's dx and code then only what is documented. A fx is acute only until treated. The same is true for surgeries, we do not code the reason for the surgery as the reason for the the follow up encounters. So for most patients when the visit is for follow up or aftercare we code only the V code(s).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join