I will be praying that something opens up for you soon. Unfortunately I have been an AAPC-A since July 2009 with no luck finding a job in coding.
Like you I have experience - 3 years in a medical setting as a CMA (Medical Assistant) & over 5+ years secretarial. I have computer knowledge & experience - know all the apps.
It appears to me that gaining experience in this tight economy is very very hard. Try networking with your local chapter, looking on the website (AAPC.COM) & using their database to send periodical job openings to your E-mail. Just network at church & other places you go.
Best of luck to you!
Beth Williams, CMA CPC-A Johnson City, TN
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join