I was audited on a Labrotory tests (POV's) outpatient with a Basic Metabolic Panel, CBC and Urinalysis. My diagnosis were Congestion/Rales. (I was docked for not putting Chest Congestion). I did not code the Congestion because it did not give me any other diagnosis but Congestion. I do realize the Rales can make a person assume to do it as Chest congestion, but I felt there is more involed with the different test that were done.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join