One of our Podiatry Doctors saw a patient in the office, decided due to the patient's ailment that the patient would benefit from surgery and told the patient to come back with his wife so the 3 of them could discuss the surgery together. The patient came back about a week later with the wife and the doctor spent about 30 minutes with them discussing what the surgery was for, what it entailed, what he would need to have prepared for post surgical needs, etc and they set a date for the surgery. The doctor says that he thinks there is a distinct CPT code for surgical planning. Has anyone heard of this? Would it fall under counseling of some sort, or should we just use a standard OV code with Surgical Clearance as dx code? The patient has BCBS.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join