If same lesion then use one or the other, pick one with highest reimbursement. If two different sites then lowest cost procedure gets -51 modifier. Make sure documentation supports the different site.
-51 modifier:not normally bundled, different procedure,different site
-59 modifier: normally bundled, different procedure, same site
this is my take on it, someone with more knowledge correct me if I'm wrong please
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join