I got my CCA right away when I finished school, however I am not sure if it will get you many jobs. I just got lucky and was already working in medical records at a hospital and was able to work my way up. I also have my CPC and currently work in a Surgeon's office, but I know at my last job they would have hired you as an outpatient coder with a CPC. If you are looking to be able to make more money and the possibility to code from home or be an auditor, I would recommend you get you CCS. I am studying for my CCS right now. I really enjoyed inpatient coding when I got a chance to do it and want to get back to doing that someday.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join