I am at a new employer now and I am unsure as to why they are using the QW modifier for Medicare claims when they bill a cpt code in the 80000 series, where I used to work we billed for those codes and we never had to use this QW modifier, when I asked why we are using it and what it means because I have never heard of it. I am being told because they were told to, no one knows why but they just do.
I just want to get some clarification on this, since I have no prior experience with it.
I think I will also check my local medicare carrier website to see if I can get a clue.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join