Could you please send the op notes and the preop. diagnosis so that i could get to the correct coding.
If not , then with the info and with the inherent nature of the scenario, i could suggest some thing :
The vaginal hysterectomy is the major/main procedure. The very structure of the procedure itself includes the anterior colporrhaphy; so there is no need for reporting anterior colporrhaphy code separately
Was there a preexisting vesical fistula associated or wound created at the time of surgery?
Or was Cystotomy made for some purpose or what ?
It looks like the cystotomy was made that time of the procedure and consequently a repair was done ; then it would go for 51860, or 51865.
And if the cystoscopy was done for diagnostic alone, well you could report it separately.
All these are reasonable procedures by a OBGYN
The code 51535 is for cystotomy done for incision/excision or repair of ureterocele ( mind it was not for urethrocele). I am not sure why the ureterocele repair was done by cystotomy ; THIS REPAIR OF URETEROCELE will be done necessarily by urologist and not by OBGYN. Was there an urologist as co surgeon?
So this is the suggested ones. If I could get to the procedure and diagnosis then we could refine/redefine well
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join