AAPC - Back to school
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CPC Exam Scores - Does anyone know what percentage is needed

Default cpc exam

AAPC: Back to School
    can anyone tell me how to check my exam results on the website???

When you log in, does it have a "CPC-A" after your name?

Today was my 3rd time taking the CPC exam. The first two times, I didn't have tabs which slowed me down and I wasn't able to complete the exam and had to fill in a lot of my answers. Therefore, this time I put tabs in all of my books, wrote notes inside of my books, and I did the practice test more than once....with that being said I was able to complete the exam and I feel confident that I passed. Because lord knows, I really don't want to sit for a 4th exam my brain hurts too much from the constant studying! So good luck to everyone that's taking the CPC exam.

Default How to pass the CPC exam

Have you all try ordering the webinar from AAPC call how to pass the CPC exam on your first try. I swear by this webinar, I failed my exam 2 times and then I order this webinar and it gives you the inside scoop on how to pass the exam. This was the best webinar I have seen so far and I can tell you that it works, I didn't want to just pass I wanted to score higher than 70 and I did. So before you go out and spend your hard earn money on something else, contact AAPC and inquire about the webinar. I promise you will not regret it!

Beverly A Taylor, CPC

Beverly Taylor....do you PROMISE that it can help someone pass this test? I have taken the thing 4 (count 'em....FOUR!!!) times, and my grades have been: 60, 68, 66, and this last one was a 62. Cannot even begin to tell you how devastated I am. I had such plans for having those letters after my name....fixing up the house....first, KEEPING the house, repaying my parents, etc. But now I can't even seem to get dressed in the morning. All of my self worth is gone just because of that word: FAiLED.

Unhappy Woe as me?

I just found out I failed the CPC exam, pretty badly (this is my first attempt). I know I have to do better, and do something different but I really am clueless as to how to pass this exam.
    I am graduating in August from my Coding program (I am valedictorian of 6 classes), the reason I mention that is because I felt like I knew how to study?couldn?t be so wrong! In addition to the 10 month program, I enrolled in a 6 week review course which I thought was very helpful. I did 4 mini practice exams (50 questions each) and a practice CPC exam (150 questions) where I sat for 5 hours and 40 minutes. In retrospect I only scored a 72 on the practice CPC exam, although I scored 85+ on the mini practice exams I didn?t time myself taking it. I ended up running out of time the day of the exam and guessed at 14 questions; even if I got all 14 questions right I still would not have passed. Clearly I am having a problem with understanding the material. I am devastated and completely embarrassed that I failed so horribly (Under 60%). So far I will be timing myself and reviewing the areas I didn?t do well in. I know this question has already been asked a million different times before, but I would appreciate any info on how else I can prepare for this exam. Thanks

Florence, KY

I swear by the Blitz Review videos offered by Coding Certification.org. Laureen has such helpful tips, and she actually shows you the notes she has in her CPT book. She has a special method of grouping the CPT codes together and even though it is a time consuming process, I truly believe it helped me do very well (and pass) my CPC exam on the 1st try.

I'm a visual learner and her videos really worked for me. Check out her website and some of her videos on Youtube to get an idea of her teaching style.
    Kimberly CPMA, CPC-I, CPC

Ft. Walton Beach, FL Chapter

I went to a state college in the area for about a year and got an Applied technology diploma and took a boot camp course before the test. I felt completely unprepared and was almost in tears after the test because I was absolutely convinced I failed. I finally got up the nerve to check the results and when I signed in to the AAPC site there was a little CPC-A after my name. I clicked on the results and it said I passed and I was soooo excited. I didn't study as much as I should have aside from the boot camp, but I've always been a good test taker, and I don't think I would have passed it if I wasn't. Just goes to show how important it is to know how to test in general (eliminating wrong answers, time management, etc.) Good luck everybody!! Theres a free retake for a reason...
    Last edited by semillhouse; 05-27-2014 at 10:35 AM.

I am so excited! I passed the CPC exam on the first attempt! That really was the hardest test I have ever taken and I am glad that is over. Good luck to everyone taking it!

Amber Davis

Default Taking CPC Exam in December

Hello I am taking the CpC exam in December and wanted to know if someone close to me, Sunrise, Fl can help with tutoring for the exam or someone have some good advise. I did purchase the three practice exams and the books but would like some study ideas. Thanks Kimberly