Check this out
52. Billing Multiples of Same Procedure
How do payers prefer to see multiple procedures billed when using the same CPT? Example, CPT 80101 billed nine times. Which of these three options is preferred?
1. One line showing 9 units? If so, should a â€“91 modifier be applied?
2. Two lines showing 1 unit on the first line and 8 units on the second line with the â€“91 appended?
3. Nine separate lines with a â€“91 appended to lines 2 through 9?
(Gretchen Thomson â€“ SMDC)
RECOMMENDATION: BCBSM, Medica, HealthPartners, MHP, UCare, and Preferred One â€“ bill one line
showing 9 units; no modifier required. Preferred One and Medicare B â€“ bill nine
separate lines on the same claim with â€“91 appended to lines 2 through 9.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join