49000 Exploratory laparotomy, of course with the modifier-78 E code and such stuff
The tube is a drainage tube to make sure there is a complete Haemostasis occurring there and do not want to take up another chance of an unforeseen leakage; and it is a common procedure with exploration and that too with the history of bleeding inside.
I feel that this becomes an integral part of the exploratory lap.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join