my dx in op report is: Extensor hallucis longus laceration, left foot.--- tramatic pt dropped knife
Operation was Repair of extensor hallucis longus tendon, left foot, using 2-0 Ethibond
The cpt code I used is 28202 Repair, tendon, flexor, foot; secondary with free graft, each tendon (includes obtaining graft)
and I used dx 892.9 as my primary dx: Open wound of foot except toe(s) alone With tendon involvement
Ins has denied for : A more specific dx is available
any ideas what the more specific dx could be??
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join