There doesnt seem to be enough information to code this properly.
40650 specifies vermillion only and the op note isnt real clear if this is the case.
13150 is the integumentary code for complex repair for 1 cm or less but again the op note does not give sufficient information to choose this code either.
My recommendation would be to query the doctor on whether or not the repair included more than just the vermillion, how deep did he have to repair the laceration (skin, muscle, fascia etc) and how big of a repair in cm was completed.
Sorry if this doesnt help
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join