We do have a specific ICD V46.11.
A continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) ventilator, also known as a CPAP machine.
Dependence /]ON/ respirator (ventilator)- V46.11
Assign primary diagnosis explaining why the physician prescribed a CPAP machine, ie., OSA in this scenario
Code V46.11 is only used if there are NO complications or malfunctions of the respirator equipment, and is always a secondary code.
Per ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines For Coding and Reporting
Categories V42-V46,and subcategories V49.6,V49.7 are for use only if there are NO complications or malfunctions of the organ or tissue replaced,the amputation site or the equipment on which the patient is dependent. These are always secondary codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join