AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Billing 2 E&M codes in 1 day...

Question Billing 2 E&M codes in 1 day...

AAPC: Back to School
    Is it appropriate to charge another E&M visit when someone returns on the same day with an allergic reaction to the medication that was prescribed earlier in the day? Are the two visits considered "related"? I can argue a case either way. Just wondering what others are doing in this situation.

Default Same day procedure

I am a rookie, just getting into coding, but i do believe taht you will use a modifier when you code the visit, which one i am not sure.

Columbia, MO

I see this as related to the earlier visit, If not for the medication there would not be the reaction. so you should bill one ov and combine the documentation from both visits.

Debra A. Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H

Similar Threads

1. Same day E&M codes
    By jwilsonwkona in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. Billing 2 E&M visits in 1 day
    By karlam in forum E/M
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 05:55 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM