AAPC - Back to school
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CPC exam - I failed....

AAPC: Back to School
    I took my CPC twice I graduated with a 4.0 and still could not pass it, I am so not good when I know I am being timed the 1st time I got a 76 the 2nd I only got 68 go figure. I am getting ready to take my exam again and I am so worried I will not pass it again, I am not even sure what to study for at this point. I know a majority of the exam was cpt but I am not sure even were to begin at this point? Thank you for your advice it will be greatly appreciated.

Milwaukee WI

Default you got a 76?

Muddchop .... you write the 1st time I got a 76 ... 70 is passing, so I'm thinking you may have made an error in reporting your score here ... OR ... AAPC made an error in telling you that you failed.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

You need to buy the exam study review book from the aapc and you will pass the test after you study this book.

Default It took me three times...

I finally passed my test after 3 times. I would become familiar with the ICD-9 codes, and USE THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION! This helped me a lot. Don't give up- when I got that big envelope (I couldn't bring myself to go on the website- I was chicken!), I was jumping up and down and acting like a mad man! You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose View Post
    I took my CPC exam & failed.......the entire test was mostly on CPT & ICD9 codes. There was hardly anything else on the exam that I studied hard for............. my score was 55% only as I had to answer about 10-15 questions by just marking any answer as time ran out. I am so upset.....
    You only fail if you don't try again. So, schedule your next exam and we all will be looking for your "I PASSED" quote.

Dear Codysmom,
    Stop, take a deep breath, schedule your retake exam date, and continue to move forward. Keep your eyes on your dream not your attempt. Remember, it's not always what you study for but for the passion behind the study that helps us pass and become who and what we are striving to become. It is just a grade, and a grade does not define the student. A grade does not make the coder, it just allows an opportunity to demonstrate our coding skills. Stay focused and continue to code just as you would have you passed. Recognize your areas of strength and strengthen your areas of weakness. Good luck to you and remember, a persons true passion is all that counts when it comes to success.
    Last edited by krainko; 03-29-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: contact info

Are you happy as a coder?

Default CPC Exam

I took the exam for the second time and I only did 2 percent better than last time. The practice exam book that came with my books didn't help me at all. I had to color in about 20 question because time was running out. the terminology questions that were on the exam were nothing close to the practice exam book.

Thumbs up

Hey! Don't fret,...been there. It took me three times to pass, too, and you WILL.

First of all, I got the "Official CPC Certification Study Guide". It really helped me, and some friends who passed on the second time. Compare prices between Amazon and AAPC. This really is a great help.

What really helped me pass on my third try was actually listening to what the Proctor said:

Look over the exam first; don't just start at page 1. You will find sections that you can
    answer very easily, so start THERE. You make up time that way.

That saved me. Then look over it again, and see which you can answer easily again. Don't dwell on any one scenario too long.

Make SURE that you keep track of those horrible little circle answer things so that the question and answer line up!! Do a light little pencil scratch next to missed questions so you can keep track. Also, put your watch on the table where you can see it instead of looking up at the clock to check time.

Re-take the test soon. Don't put it off too long. You CAN DO THIS!!!! I did!

Love and Support,

im taking my exam next month i have been taking pratice test for awhile. can u get me some adivce on how u passed and what i should spend time studying. thank you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast