AAPC - Back to school

Thread: I really need some help

Post I really need some help with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Billing

AAPC: Back to School
    I could use some advice, I have a new client who is a DC not practicing. He is starting a group of Orthopedic Drs. to treat joint problems with a method called PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections. The physicians are all specialized in the Orthopedic field. Now here is the clinker....How do you set up a group like this. The managing physician who will not be seeing patients, just doing administration work over the group does not want to start a corp. as of yet.
    1. So do I just add these new physicians to this practice and register them w/Medicare & insurance carriers' under the new location with their established NPI #'s? or
    2. Do you set-up a new group NPI and register all the physicians under that NPI group?;
    3. Do you know what is the proper code to bill? Is it 0232T? Is this code only for Medicare or can it be used for Commercial Carriers
    Also any billing help for PRP injections any insight that you might have will be helpful, sites to visit, reading material etc. would be of great assistance.

Last edited by tylmason; 12-01-2010 at 03:55 PM.