Good Morning Dawson -
I was taught that the vaccine is billed first simply as the natural chain of events. In order to administer an immunization, you would have to first have the vaccine to be administered.
It is interesting to me that a provider would question this. It does not, as far as I know, have any impact on reimbursement.
By the way, the only stupid question, is the one that goes unasked.
Karen Gallagher, CPC
Main Line HealthCare
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join