Has she contacted her physician's office to see if they are appealing the denial? They may already be correcting the claim and resubmitting.
What was the reason for the denial? We know the dx does not exactly match the proc but was that the reason it was denied? It could have been denied for another reason that is easier to correct.
Of course, the codes depend on the physician's documentation. Absent that, we can only guess. If the documetation supports the calcification, 621.8 could be used. If it is a placenta remnant, the miscarriage code would be used, probably 632.
Hope that is some help.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join