I would bill this with the appropriate laceration repair code, not the arthrotomy.
Follow the intent of the physician.
I WOULD LEAN TOWARDS 13121, 13122 BECAUSE THE OP REPORTS THE TWO LACERATIONS WAS 8 CM THEN I WOULD ADD 20103 FOR WOUND EXPLORATION AS THE HOLE THE PHYSICIAN FOUND THAT WENT INTO THE JOINT HAD TO BEE OPENED UP IN ORDER TO IRRIGATE IT PROPERLY.
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join