Does anyone know or can you explain the difference between these two codes? Obviously 93457 includes injection of vein/lima but it looks like 93451 is replacing the old RHC code (93501). So other than the verbage of oxygen saturation in the verbage what's the difference between the two codes? So is 93456 a RHC without oxygen sats?
The 93456 is a right heart cath w/ coronary angiography (reported 93501-26, 93508-26, 93545 and 93556-26 presently)
The 93457 is a right heart cath w/ coronary angiography PLUS graft studies (reported 93501-26, 93508-26, 93545, 93556-26, 93540 and/or 93539 presently)
You are right that 93451 is replacing the right heart cath only 93501-26 code.
Hope this helps.
Jessica CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Code Lookup with AAPC Coder
- Coding Data Files
- ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Converter (FREE)
- Other ICD-10 Codes / Resources
- CPT Codes
- HCPCS Codes
- E/M Analyzer (FREE)
- CPT RVU Calculator (FREE)
- Risk Adjustment Search (FREE)
- PQRS Measure Search (FREE)
- Health Plan / Provider Policy Search (FREE)
- MACRA Calculator
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join