Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MedAssurant

Default MedAssurant
    Medical Coding Books
    Has anyone worked for MedAssurant? What are the pro and cons of this company? And also after doing the week long training there is a test, has anyone taken this test.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Danyel

I'm curious to know also. I have training scheduled with them in 2 weeks.

How did you guys apply for medassurant

Default Medassurant
    To apply just go to their website www.medassurant.com.

5. Default
    I am interested to know as well, I am scheduled to start training in 2 weeks as well.

6. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Danyel1971 View Post
    Has anyone worked for MedAssurant? What are the pro and cons of this company? And also after doing the week long training there is a test, has anyone taken this test.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Danyel

I have worked with the company for a year.They have growing pains. But if you are a flexable person you will be a good canadate for the job. The only down side working for medassurant is that you can go with out work for several weeks to a month with out work. But overall they are all right.

Post New @ MedAssurant
    I was just hire with MedAssurant remote coder and will start my training on July 7th. I will let you now how I like as I go. Have been reading alot of thread that have alot of good info.

Shelly Amos CMA RMA NCICS CPC

Default MedAssurant eye opener
    I have work with MedAssurant a 3 months and the team I work with is a very rude bunch of people I have work with. I have alot discuss thread about mesassurant and all the negative thing everyone is saying is true. Medassurant try to find reason the fire people. I am really hock that I am still work there and have been trying fire me but i have too much documentation as back. BEWARE When you work at Medassurant,just sure you have back up plan.

9. Exclamation Medassurant
    I also worked there for a short time. My ERC and the coding reviewers are mean, hateful people who make up reasons why the employees need to be fired after a few months. They do not like to be corrected about coding rules, in fact, they make up rules. They lie about the hours. They yell at you when you do not get 40 hrs a week (even though they know they do not have enough work). They refuse to educate the staff correctly and prefer those with no job to work whenever Medassurant feels like having enough work.

Not a good idea for steady work. Not good training for new coders because they do not follow coding guidelines. ALso, they do not appear to be legitiate as they are not listed with a TAX ID in Maryland at all. If anyone has the TAX ID please post;

I still for MedAssurant and I can believe I am still there but I am so tried of them making up crazy rule, they lies about alot of thing such the new rule they put on me yesterday is that there California Law employee can't work over 8 hours day it will be consider overtime. They are so stupid because I am contractor with them for 40 hours a week not 8 days. So if I want to work a 10 hours day I can. I ave been working 10 hours off and on for the last 9 months and then all of sudden I can't do that. That was the reason why I wanted to work from home is to be able to pick my own hours. I am of the best coder the my team has and I met all my productivity and hours every week and this how they try to play me. It is time for me to move on to another job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast