AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Help with -25

Default Help with -25

AAPC: Back to School
    I was recently told by my MRA that -25 can only be used for certain procedure codes with an S or T status if it meets the definition description for modifier 25. I use the CPT Professional edition which does not have code status listed and was advised to order the CPT Expert. Can anyone tell me if is true, I can only use -25 on procedures with an S or T status? Thanks

Default Modifier 25

Check out this

The use of modifier 25 on E/M codes is required by the Outpatient Code Editor (OCE) when they are reported with a procedure code that has a status indicator of “S” or “T”. However, it is further advised that this edit does not preclude the reporting of modifier 25 on E/M codes that are reported with procedure codes when the status indicators are other than “S” or “T” if that procedure meets the definition of “significant, separately identifiable E/M service

Posting Permissions