You will not code the condition that required the surgery after the surgery is complete. It is aftercare or followup. Aftercare is when you are still managing some portion of the patients surgical care and the aftercare code should be followed with the code for that care given, such as attention to a device or suture removal, follow up (V67.x) is for a survellience of the patient just to make sure all is going ok. Remember the dx is the patient's so if the condition has be resolved with surgery, do not give it to them again.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join