Advice on Practice Mgmt Software

Default Advice on Practice Mgmt Software
    Medical Coding Books
    I work for a small(ish) Pediatrics practice. We have 3 full time Doctors. Office staff of 8-10. We are currently using Medical Manager through Sage Software for practice management (scheduling,billing,claims, collections etc...) We are in the market for another system and I would love to hear from other pediatrics practices what systems you are using and what is good (and not so good) about them. Any insight is welcome. Thanks!
    Barbara Haskins CPC

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaskins1 View Post
    I work for a small(ish) Pediatrics practice. We have 3 full time Doctors. Office staff of 8-10. We are currently using Medical Manager through Sage Software for practice management (scheduling,billing,claims, collections etc...) We are in the market for another system and I would love to hear from other pediatrics practices what systems you are using and what is good (and not so good) about them. Any insight is welcome. Thanks!

Several of the Peds offices that I code/bill for have had Medical Manager also and they switched to MicroMed....They are very pleased.....

Will email you info if you like......

Yolanda Haskins CPC

bhaskins1...

I truely feel sorry for you, Medical Manager, the practice I just resigned from used Med Mngr for over 10 years finally got off of it in Nov 07 and went to Medent... I love that system it's very user friendly for claims submission, billing heck all the aspects of Medent were highly favored.

I recently resigned and now am using Centricity... not sure how I like it only been using it for 4 days so I really don't have an opinion on it yet....

My opinion is Medent but then again I might be biased...

If anyone has any opinions on Centricity they'd like to share I'd love to hear about them...

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by bhaskins1 View Post
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Bless your heart! I worked with Medical Manager for nearly 10 years and hated the software. The tech support was non existent and you never knew who was going to own them next week (Medical Manager, WebMD, Sage, etc.)! Of course, the version we were using was non-Windows compatible with no internet access at all and had not been upgraded since at least 2000.

There has to be much better programs out there for you with good customer service. I switched to an oral and maxillofacial surgery practice and was surprised how much easier my life was when a software system does what it should and sends claims electronically. Our software, however, wouldn't help your situation as it is OMS specific but good luck in your search for a better system!

Jennifer, CPC