We submitted a claim to Medicare for a new patient visit and it was denied. This claim was for Pain Management we also are Anesthesiologist practice under the same tax ID #. The patient was given anesthesia for a surgical procedure earlier in the month. The dx for the office visit was unrelated to the anesthesia.
When I read the new patient requirements I agree with the denial others in my office say they should of paid it.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join