Visit and LAC repair may both be billed. Intermediate LAC repair codes are not MAJOR procedures (90 follow up days), so Medicare will not pay for the 57 modifier on the E/M charge - use a 25 instead.
Even though CPT does not specifiy that the 57 modifier is only to be used for MAJOR procedures like Medicare does, the 25 modifier would be more appropriate in this case.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join