convenient care physician sends pt to ortho

Default convenient care physician sends pt to ortho
    Medical Coding Books
    Can you tell me where I can find rules on a Convenient Care Physician.. I have an instance where the CC physician is referring a patient to an orthopedic physician. The orthopedic physician wants to charge a consult vs new patient. I am looking at this convenient care center as a setting that does not have regular patients so the ortho has no where to send his opinion back to the convenient care physician. Can someone please give me some information to send to the ortho physician. Thank you
    Sheila

My understanding of convenient care is just a fancy name for walk in.

They are walk ins and I am looking at that as being under the rules of Emergency rooms. The physician who works in convenient care has no where for the consulting doctor to send his opinion to, so I would not think the consult guidelines are being met. The ortho physician wants proof. If someone can lead me to the information, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

It seems to me they do not want the ortho's opinion - they want him to treat the pt. that is not a consult it is a transfer of care.

If it is an urgent care/ walk in/ ER/ etc........ it seems to me like they do not want your ortho's opinion, they want your ortho to take over care and treat the pt.

That is not a consult. I would think the first clue for your ortho that it is not a consult would be that he has nowhere to to send his opinion to.

You can always call the CC and ask them what they intended when referring the pt. to your doc. I would think that would be proof right from the horses mouth.