What is your question regarding whirlpool therapy and PTA? You cannot charge for ice packs; this charge is bundled. 10 mins of therapeutic massage can be charge as one unit of 97124. However, if being done by a PT or PTA make sure they are really doing MT and not myofascial release.
A PTA can treat patients as long as there is a PT within the office suite. If there is no PT in the office, the PTA cannot treat Medicare patients.
I hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join