I will try to help but I need a little more information. Are you try to determine the dollar value to assign to each level of service? or are you try to determine what services go into determining the level. I must admit I would be surprised an organization would allow a coder to determine dollar values for charges. We use a point system in our hospital to determine the level of service. It measures nursing activities. examples of activities would be IV starts, blood draws, foley insertions, ono-one monitoring, trauma activations......
As for dollars to assign to a level of service you need the departments, patient accounting and the contract people in the room to determine that.
Hope that helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join