yes, if it is documentated as NOT the mode of anesthesia, you can bill for the nerve block, make sure you append the -59 modifer and if your docs use the ultrasonic guidence and they are not utilizing the equip, append -26.
another girl had posted this and thought this would help as well..
"See the ASA website at http://www.asahq.org/For-Healthcare-...tatements.aspx
and scroll to the link for
Reporting Postoperative Pain Procedures in Conjunction With Anesthesia (2010) "
hope this helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join