If the patient is still receiving critical care during the second visit, you would document and combine all time spent with the patient on the same date. If the time spent exceeds 74 minutes, then you would code with the add on code 99292 for each additional 30 minutes. You can bill both a critical care visit with a regular hospital visit on the same day, however I would think that usually pertains to a patient that has been seen earlier and then turns critical later in the day. If the patient is already critical, then I would think you would continue to bill critical for that day.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join