I have had numerous discussions about this with many physicians and coders. The code I suggest to use when the scope passes D2 and a biopsy is taken is 44361. The base code, 44360, describes this family of codes as an enteroscopy beyond second portion of duodenum. Many physicians are reluctant to use the enteroscopy code for a number of reasons, but my response always goes back to the description of the code. Anyone else have input?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join